|from avery's birthday party, via becca's instagram|
when you're nominated, you post 11 facts about yourself, answer the 11 questions that the blogger who nominated you asked, and nominate another blogger with less than 200 followers.
i probably won't nominate anyone, because i'm lame.. and i think everyone should do a little post like this anyway. ;)
11 facts about me:
1. i hate capitalization, and when i announced i was starting a blog, one of my college professors said "i'm excited, even though i know you won't capitalize anything." ;) lowercase letters are just so much cuter!
2. i'm currently knee-deep in a strange obsession with true blood. i sort of started watching it as a joke, because every time austin was out of the house, i would watch RIDICULOUS tv that i knew he'd hate. we watched the first episode of true blood together, because a girl that i graduated high school with has a part in season 5! apparently it's a big one! and now i'm hooked. this show is SO unlike me, and i kind of love it.
3. i read into EVERYTHING. literally everything. way too much. i also never forget things. it's weird and i hate it.
4. in that vein, i'm painfully shy and care so. much. about what people think of me. working in retail for so long has actually really helped my shyness, but i still get uncomfortable in nearly every social setting that involves more than one other person and me.
5. i freak out about money at the most random times, like when austin asks if i want to go get coffee or my sister wants to go out to eat. i've never actually had money problems, it's just like my number one biggest fear i guess?
6. i've never run out of gas.
7. i don't remember birthdays, EVER. but i can usually remember faces and names really well.
8. ice cream is my favorite thing in the world, and rice and beans is my favorite meal.
9. i change my mind about wanting kids literally every day. sometimes twice in the same day. sometimes mid-sentence.
10. yellow is my favorite color, i think.
11. clothes shrinking in the wash is the bane of my existence.
and karen's questions:
1. What is your favorite song? this is soooo cheesy, but it's "hey little apple blossom" by the white stripes :) that song is basically my life.
2. If you could go back and change one thing in your life, what would you change? every single answer that i thought of to this has implications in terms of what else would change because of it. it's really hard! right after my junior year of college, i dated this guy who i didn't really like. i guess i wouldn't have done that. he eventually went on to bond with someone who was really important to me over how awful i was to the two of them. i don't even know. i knew him for like 3 months total, it's weird.. and i consistently regret it.
3. If you could have dinner with any person, dead or alive, who would it be and why? my pop (my grandpa on my dad's side). i just miss him, and i wish he could meet austin. :)
4. Are you doing what you believe in, or are you settling for what you are doing? i'm making steps towards doing what i believe in (the button factory!) by working in retail management. i'm alright with it, haha.
5. If you didn't know how old you were, how old would you guess you were? SEVENTEEN FOREVER.
6. What is something that makes you very happy? when people make me mix cds, going shopping, key lime pie, surprises, valentine's day, etc
7. If you could go anywhere in the world, where would you go? disneyworld/harry potter world please
8. If you could have any superpower, what would it be and why? austin just said "teleporting because if you wanted to take a vacation, you could go anywhere" and oh man.. i could just GO to harry potter world right this second if i could just teleport!! ah. good answer, austin.
9. What is your pet peeve? people not using their turn signals :(
10. Favorite movie(s)? wayne's world, the royal tenenbaums, heathers, willy wonka and the chocolate factory, lars and the real girl, eternal sunshine of the spotless mind (fun fact: i would watch wayne's world and the royal tenenbaums for WEEKS on repeat when i lived alone in my dorm room)
11. What would you do if you won a million dollars? pay student loans, buy a house and a puppy, go on a serious shopping spree, open the button factory, and put the rest (there'd still be some i think?) in savings.
thanks again, karen! :)